Monday 17 October 2011

Masterclass with Murray Schafer and Judy Loman, July 25th 2011

In the summer I had the rare privilege of meeting and playing for two musicians that I hold in the highest possible regard - the visionary composer Raymond Murray Schafer and the supreme harpist Judy Loman. Both of these musicians are Canadian and famous worldwide. They were full of energy and passion for the music and obviously for life, too!

I had the most wonderful day - Day 3 of the World Harp Congress in Vancouver, which I have been lucky enough to attend thanks to the generous support of the Wingate Scholarship that I won in 2010, for this very purpose. Here is a clip from the masterclass on youtube:


Here is a photo of me with the composer, perusing the score after the masterclass was finished:


and here's another fun picture that my friend (the harpist and photographer!) Candace LiVolsi took:


I'm recording the wonderful complete 'Crown of Ariadne' in November this year (2011) and now have a new addition to my percussion collection - a sizzle cymbal, as requested by Mr Schafer!

No comments:

Post a Comment